I cannot do all the good that the world needs. But the world needs all the good that I can do.
Who Are We
We are undergraduate students of Karachi Medical and Dental College (KMDC). We solely run an NGO named HOPES, Our services are designed to ensure availability of medicines and investigative facilities to underprivileged patients of Abbasi Shaheed Hospital. To date, HOPES has dispensed medicines worth more than 150 Million.
How We started
The main agenda of HOPES is the very core of helping the patients of Abbasi Shaheed Hospital. The whole idea goes back to the event when a patient lost his life just because he was unable to afford medicine worth only 10 rupee to save his life. Hence, the students of the very first batch of KMDC took the initiative of founding this purely students based NGO HOPES. Therefore, till date we are still operating for the very core of our foundation and that is to arrange life saving medication for the long sufferers of ASH.
To make affordable healthcare accessible for all regardless of socioeconomic, religious and cultural standing.
HOPES is a mission driven by passionate, selfless individuals established with the intention of combating the lethal combination of poverty and ill health faced by developing countries like Pakistan by providing health services to every social class with equity.
What we do
Free of cost Drug Bank
Starting as a single cabinet of medicines in 1995 in a small room no. 41 which was a collection of few drugs has now progressed to a well-established DRUG BANK.
24/7 Pharmaceutical Services
Besides Free of Cost Drug bank , HOPES also runs pharmacies which provides medicines and medical & surgical supplies at an affordable rate for the community.
24/7 Diagnostic Services
Selecting a diagnostic facility is the most important step in the treatment process because only accurate and timely results lead to the right treatment decisions.
These camps make available complimentary medical checkups, free medicines, free blood-pressure and free blood-sugar checkup facilities to the general public.
A one of its kind health awareness event arranged by HOPES at EXPO Center, Karachi. Once every year, which aims to provide awareness to the masses about their health.
Every year on Eid-ul-Azha, Muslims all around the globe sacrifice animals to commemorate the willingness of Hazrat Ibrahim (A.S.) in following Allah’s command to sacrifice his son.
Taking one step further from meat campaign, We started Waqf Qurbani in remote areas to make them feel the essence of Eid. They were provided meat and cooked food was also served.
Milestones & Achievements
- Establishment of Drug Bank (Room 41) at ASH
- HOPES registered as an NGO
- Establishment of Pharmacy at Abbasi Shaheed Hospital
- Establishment of Pharmacy at Karachi Medical & Dental College
- Earthquake Relief Campaign at Nothern Areas and Kashmir
- Establishment of Pharmacy at Karachi Institute of Heart Diseases
- Fundraiser Event – HOPES Mela
- Flood Relief Campaign at Dadu, Sindh
- Earth Quake Relief Camp at Awaran, Balochistan
- Flood Relief Campaign at Badin, Sindh
- Establishment of HOPES Diagnostics Laboratory
- Initiation of HOPES Talks Program
- First HOPES Health Expo
- Initiation of Meat Campaign on Eid-ul-Adha
- Initiation of HOPES Ambassador Program
- Fundraiser Event – Autumn Festival
- Expansion of HOPES Diagnostics Laboratory and Opening of new departments
- RIQAS Certification of HOPES Diagnostics Laboratory
- Fundraiser Event – HOPES Fete
- Initiation of Ijtimai Waqf Qurbani on Eid-ul-Adha
- PPE Distribution Campaign
- Ration Distribution Campaign
- Daily Meal Campaign
- Establishment of COVID Ward at Abbasi Shaheed Hospital along with other stakeholders